Friday, February 12, 2010

Watching Your Dreams Melt in the Sand


Each day we struggle to get through life, sometimes our dreams crumble under our feet. We grow, we dream, we plan our life and somehow we manage to get through the strife. Life is not always what we want it to be, it is laden with problems for us to see. Often times we choose to ignore, the simple things that life can implore. Our own choices and goals we set, leave us floundering: our minds a complete mess. We hurry to work and try to surrvive, another day at the office, a million things running through our minds.

I set a goal and thought I had found, my dream at last! I was on solid ground. I opened a business and chose to ignore, the warning knocks pounding at my door. From the top to the bottom in the blink of an eye, I watched it stolen away in the course of a day. Now I am sitting here all alone, not sure what to do or where I should turn. My money is gone, no car in sight, how will I possibly be alright. The depression is starting to work on my soul. I find myself wondering if it is my time to go.

My heart has been failing the doctors say, no way you can work or last too many days. Pumping at around only 10%, with 14 stents and a device in my chest, I am a miracle doctors attest. 14 heart attacks and still I dream.

When life gets to tough and you want to give up, know that those little granules of sand are your way to the top. If your castle has fallen and your Dreams are all gone, pick up your bucket and build it again. I will not promise your castle will not collapse, still look all around, sand is abundant and can always be found. It is what you make it and can always be a new day filled with new dreams.

I will not quit, nor give up you see, I have a castle to build and many loved ones counting on me.


Vera

2 comments: